Geje Eustaquio Loses ONE Flyweight Title

Adriano Moraes vs. Geje Eustaquio at ONE: Hero's Ascent
Another sad day for the Filipino MMA community as another world title was lost. After five grueling rounds in ONE Championship's first ever trilogy bout, Geje "Gravity" Eustaquio lost his ONE Flyweight World title against Adriano Moraes.

The Pinoy MMA fighter gallantly fought until the end, even after being caught with a very deep kneebar submission attempt from a back mount by Moraes, "I must admit that was a deep knee bar. I was waiting for Adriano to break my knee and let him bring it, but I won't tap," Eustaquio said.

But the damage was already done and in the final round, the pain on his knee is quite visible, as Eustaquio is seen hobbling around the cage until the final bell has sounded.

"I have decided to finish the fight," Eustaquio said. The reason - Eustaquio believed he has done enough to gain the nod of the judges as he is very aggressive in the first three rounds, even putting Moraes on the ground in the second round.

"In my mind, I thought I was winning the fight," Eustaquio thought. "But that's part of it, there's ups and downs. The road doesn't end there. It doesn't stop there." He added, "It's time to get back to the drawing board."

And as the warrior that he is, he promised to come back strong, "It hurts but we are people of the mountains, there is no mountain we cannot conquer."